I have a verifone vx670 that I purchased from someone who seems to have disappeared. The problem is that before disappearing, I wasn't able to get the needed software for him to download the information off of the terminal.
I have access to all of the passwords on the terminal, the admin menus, etc. I can set it up to approve, decline, etc, and it stores the info on its memory, I just don't know how to get it off.
I have a cable to connect it to a PC using either the com port or the USB port. I've heard that I should use Hyperterminal or something like that.
In the admin area of the terminal, I can select "download batch" but it says Com port failure, ie it isn't connected properly to the computer, because the computer isn't running the correct software to connect to it.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or knows what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. If you figure it out, I'll give you a bonus from when I use it.
I have a verifone vx670 that I purchased from someone who seems to have disappeared. The problem is that before disappearing, I wasn't able to get the needed software for him to download the information off of the terminal.
I have access to all of the passwords on the terminal, the admin menus, etc. I can set it up to approve, decline, etc, and it stores the info on its memory, I just don't know how to get it off.
I have a cable to connect it to a PC using either the com port or the USB port. I've heard that I should use Hyperterminal or something like that.
In the admin area of the terminal, I can select "download batch" but it says Com port failure, ie it isn't connected properly to the computer, because the computer isn't running the correct software to connect to it.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or knows what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. If you figure it out, I'll give you a bonus from when I use it.
This is a connection problem 100 % get a db9 (serial comport) or go buy a new usb converter will comes with a cd driver for the usb converter (cost about 20 $).
Who did you bought this from ?
Cause some also need to be on a specific date or you will also have an error msg such as error -8.
To make your life simple,get a db9 serial entry and put it on com1 without usb converter.
Hyper terminal is good,you just need the crack for it to be unlimited![]()